Alberto de Blobs
Alberto de Blobs, born in 1982 started his career as a painter at the young age of 12, writing graffiti in Barcelona. From wild style letter painting, his style gradually evolved towards today's elaborate mixture of figurative and free form abstraction. With its open muralist approach, de Blobs' highly illustrative visual language combines references to his subcultural roots and art historical predecessors alike and with ease.
One of the most active “wild style” artists, a graffiti writer, illustrator and multidisciplinary creator, Alberto de Blobs includes multiple art historical references in his work. Ever since the 1990s, Blobs has been building up a name for himself in the graffiti scene, as well as finding a spot on the panorama of contemporary art.
Merging all types of influences, genres and styles, Blobs forged a brilliant outlook on creativity which is presented through his search for new experiences. This newly-made reality escapes all conventions and breaks free from links to any particular aesthetic trend.
Born in tumultuous times and surroundings, Alberto de Blobs has always kept that aggressive, risky, and innovative approach to his artwork as well. Always making sure to leave room for new values, he continued to grow and develop his creativity in various ways. Since the ‘90s, Blobs has been an avid graffiti writer, making his mark on the walls of Barcelona and forging his own style during the years. In 1994, the graffiti writer made his debut with paintings, and at the age of 18 he started working independently as an artistic painter and decorator. Over time, the prolific Spanish artist came to meet other various artists and began elevating his work to a whole new level, he made several artistic collaborations through which he expanded his creative horizons and continued to experiment further. Sprung from the depths of his subconscious, his characters emerge deformed and twisted, reflecting the soul of the artist. Dreamscapes, clumsy people, not always human-like figures, dirty and crowded scenes, open skies, and various other subjects are represented through the unique vision of Blobs.
- NFT BCN 2022 – group exhibition, Barcelona
- DrapArt'21 – group show at Reial Cercle Artístic, Barcelona
- Fousion Finest 2021 – group show at Reial Cercle Artístic, Barcelona
- DrapArt'20 – group show at Reial Cercle Artístic, Barcelona
- Fousion Finest 2020 – group show at Reial Cercle Artístic, Barcelona
- In Between Space, Time and a Pattern of Chaos – group show at Fousion Gallery, Barcelona
- Gargar Festival de Murals i d’Art Rural – Lleida, Spain
- BOOM Glòrias – Group show, Barcelona
- Primer premio Pincel de Cuixart/Caixa Fòrum – Barcelona
- Intervención Digital Art LOOM MOVISTAR – Barcelona
- Pelucas – project at HISPAM 2017, Rome
- XI Biennale d’arte di Filicudi en el Hotel Phenicusa, Italy
- Manners & Customs – Solo show at Montana Gallery, Barcelona
- Instalación Black Earth – Group show at Galería Nando Arguelles, Sotogrande, Spain
- 3ª Edición Festival de murales La Escocesa – Barcelona
- Ús festival Barcelona – Festival internacional de Art Mural, Barcelona
- Art Nou primera visió – Galería Cosmos, Barcelona
- Art Nou primera visió. Debens Remix Sessions – Galería Senda, Barcelona
- Tens Canvi? – group show at Montana Café-bar, Barcelona
- Conferencia sobre Graffiti para HipNotik – CCCB, Barcelona
- Group show – Colegio de Arquitectos, Granada, Spain
- Solo show – Niu gallery, Barcelona
- Tributo a Moebius – group show at Montana Gallery, Barcelona
- Group show with Farma Mundi/Meetig point, Barcelona
- BLOBS Walls street, MEETING OF STYLES & ZULU NATION, Lisbon
- Bread and Butter – Art Mural-Festival de moda, Barcelona
- Group show at Lab27 Gallery, Barcelona
- Solo show at Niu Gallery, Barcelona
- Periódico EuropaSur. Exposición colectiva Nando Argüelles Art proyects.
- Qué Fem, La Vanguardia. III Festival de Murales La Escocesa
- El Mundo de Catalunya suplement de cultura”Tendències”. Debens Remix Session.
- El Periódico. Debens Remix Sesión.
- La Vanguardia. Debens Remix Session.
- Revista Bon Art Catalunya. Expo Debens Remix Sessions.
- Lamono magazine. Expo Debens Remix Sessions.
- Periódico Granadahoy. “Cuadros colgados de un Gancho”
- BTV televisión. Inauguración de Murs Lliures.
- El País, La Vanguardia. Inauguración de Murs Lliures.
- El Periódico. Expo “Crónicas de Poblenou”
- La Vanguardia. Rebobinart & Murs Lliures en la Mercè.
- Primavera Sound. Barcelona
- Catálogo Moritz. Barcelona
- Libro Barcelona 1.000 graffitis, Barcelona
- Magazine World of Street Art (Internacional)
- The Art of rebellion 1ª edición_ Street Art (Europa)
- Mural para la muestra de identidades – Fiestas de la Mercé, Barcelona
- Pintura mural para ALIMENT live! - Jägermeister by Finerats Party. Barcelona